Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Ombre Hair

You ever get the itch for a change? I do... probably too frequently and for some reason I always go after my hair. I'll cut it, dye it, bleach it, highlight it, and whatever else you can think of. I don't know why I always want to change my hair because it's not like I know anything about hair or how to do hair... Maybe that's why? I guess I like to experiment with it? I don't know. Anyways, I decided that since ombre is still in (right?), I would try it out. I've seen Lauren Conrad and other celebrities with ombre'd hair and fell in love. It just looks so pretty to me. It's something different but fairly low maintenance, which is a plus. I typically don't spend a lot of time doing my hair, instead, I spend my time doing my makeup.



A little background on my hair...
My hair is naturally medium/dark brown. I usually dye it the darkest brown I can find, which typically looks black on my hair. I do this because it makes my hair look richer and shinier and overall healthier. When I decided to ombre my dyed dark brown/black hair, it turned orange. I had to bleach it a few times before it turned half way blonde. It was a slight Cheetos color. I also had to buy a purple shampoo to try to get out some of the orange/yellow/brassy color in my hair. I am currently still using the purple shampoo, trying to get the rest of the orange-ness out. This is why I haven't posted too many pics of myself lately, in case you were wondering. Overall, I think I'm satisfied with the new change. I'm pretty impressed with myself. I've gotten mixed reactions but I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about my new hair! :) Let me know what you think in the comments.



What's the craziest/most drastic change you've ever made because of an "itch?"



Don't forget to follow me on FB! http://www.facebook.com/BeautyGuide101

Pin It

36 comments:

  1. Your hair looks beautiful your stylist did an amazing job. I have been thinking about getting this done but I'm on the edge about it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, "my stylist" did do a pretty good job! ;) Thank you!
      -Amber

      Delete
  2. BEAUTY! I recently did the whole ombré hair thing too, but my roots are already pretty light so it's not as true ombré as yours. Good job!

    xoxo
    http://12stepstofabulous.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh! I wanted Ombre hair for a while :) I am way too scared to do it though (I've had a couple bad (redish) hair experiences from dying it. Love to know how you did it :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hate how dark hair turns that ugly orange/red color! ugh If you'd really like to know how I did it send me an email and I'll get back to you! :)
      -Amber

      Delete
  4. wow your hair looks great! i'm impressed. i don't think i would have the guts to do it myself haha, but i want to try some caramel highlights. i also have dark/medium brown hair and have been itching for a slight change.

    http://theparisianpout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Try the carmel highlights- why not!? lol
      -Amber

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love it!! It looks so good on you! Your blog is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks amazing! It really suits you and its perfect for summer x

    http://simplebeautybag.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think its perfect for summer as well.
      -Amber

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much!! I'll have to do a post over it! :)
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your hair looks. I also like this trend but have been too scared to try it...this coming from the girl that only gets trims when she goes to the salon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't gotten a haircut in a while. I've worked so hard to grow my hair this long! lol
      -Amber

      Delete
  9. I love your hair! it looks amazing :) I once dyed my hair bright pink... and then I went on a boat in Italy and a wave hit me and all the dye stained a white top I was wearing, eeek! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOvely hair style,your look is great.
    I wonder if you would like to follow each other:)

    http://glossylala.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I found you on the Bloghop, you have a great blog and I really love your hair!! xx
    www.simplysarahlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your ombre hair!! i usually think natural is best, but the blonde looks great against the brown :) following you back now xoxo jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the blonde with the brown too! :)
      -Amber

      Delete
  13. Lovely! Have a great weekend sweetie!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Ombre Hair. Great Job !

    I found your blog through BlogLove & I have subscribed. I hope you can check out my blog & subscribe if you would like.

    http://www.mscrystylecouture@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. LC looks absolutely stunning and you have totally gorgeous hair. I'll definitely ombre mine when I grow out my hair xoxo
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Just came across your post through a google search, your hair looks amazing there! I'm looking for suggestions on brands of purple shampoos.I ombréd my hair and have a bit of brassines. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally liked and used Jhirmack Silver Plus Purple Shampoo. You can find it at the drugstore or at Walmart for around $4. I would leave it on my hair for a few minutes every time I used it and could definitely tell a difference. The picture above actually looks much brassier than what it did after I started using purple shampoo. I hope that helps :) You can also find good purple shampoos at Ulta. I know John Frieda and Joico also have good ones.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...