Sunday, October 13, 2013

Better Than False Lashes?

Hey guys!
Today I wanted to do a review over the Too Faced Better Than False Lashes mascara. I remember when this mascara cam out and seeing that people had a lot of mixed reviews on it. 
I tried out this mascara when I was with my sister. We both tried it and felt the same way about it. So, let's go ahead and get on with it.



Here is the front of the packaging. The lashes in the picture look freaking amazing to me. But as you can probably guess, it's misleading.


Here is the inside of the package. This shows you how to apply the mascara step-by-step.


Here are the two mascara products that come in this set. One is the black mascara and the other is full of nylon fibers. 


This is the back of the packaging that shows you how it's supposed to look on each lash. 


Here is what the nylon fibers look like. It comes in a tube with a mascara wand and is applied just like a normal mascara. 


Here is a close up of the fibers. Very fuzzy looking and actually pretty messy.


Here is the actual mascara. I love the gold packaging- it looks and feels very chic and classy. The color of the mascara is very black. 


I actually like this type of mascara wand and think the wand, itself, is great. If you look closely, you can  see there are left over fibers from the "2nd step" that have attached to this wand.


Although I like the blackness of this mascara and the shape of the wand, the formula is very sticky. I know this is a great thing for the nylon fibers to adhere to but with the application of the third step, it can get tricky and a little messy. In the picture above, I wanted to demonstrate how the formula of this mascara is so sticky, you can see my fingers sticking together as I try to pull them apart. 



This picture is with the first step- the first mascara application. 



This picture is of the second step with the nylon fibers. These fibers got everywhere! Not only did they cover my lashes, but they also covered my nose, cheeks, forehead, and even got in my eye. Not fun. 


This is with the third and final step- reapplication of the mascara. My lashes definitely look longer and fuller. 


Remember how the mascara was really sticky? I wanted to see what it felt like after the last application and ended up ruining the prettiness of my lashes. They were definitely sticky and began to spider together. This is how it looked after I patted them with my finger to feel their texture. Big mistake. 


Overall, I feel like it's definitely not worth it, especially for $35. It's way too much work just to put on mascara. I feel like there should be three separate mascaras in this set. The mascara that comes with this is great for a first step, but I feel like there should be a separate mascara to finish off the look. By using the provided mascara as the last step, it leaves the lashes way to sticky. The mascara on the top lashes end up sticking to your bottom lashes and feels a little uncomfortable. Plus, the fibers come off your lashes and stick to the mascara wand on the third step. On my sister's lashes we did all the steps but then added a regular drugstore mascara over the top and got great results. The drugstore mascara dried which made it much more comfortable to wear. Also, I wouldn't recommend using this mascara on your lower lashes. I can only imagine how it would wear or stick to the skin under your eye.

So, there's my review. Hopefully you got an idea of how this mascara works. Let me know if you've tried this and what your thoughts are :)


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This mascara sounds like a pain to work with...your lashes still look very pretty :) But I agree, not worth it for the amount of trouble... thanks for sharing! x

    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! I definitely won't be purchasing it then and not for it's price either!
    Maddy xxxx

    www.crystaltipsrandomblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look really messy! Thanks for the review. The idea of all of those fuzzy nylon fibers getting in my eyes DOES NOT seem pleasant lol.

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mascara wands look really strange and the effect isn't amazing x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...