Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Maybelline Matte Limited Edition Color Tattoos

Hey guys!
I recently heard about the Maybelline Limited Edition Holiday Collection that was coming out this year and saw they were releasing matte Color Tattoos. I got super exited and ran out to the drugstore or should I say drugstores. First stop, Walgreens (no luck), next stop Walgreens (again, no luck), then CVS (fail), and finally I found them at the last CVS I checked (success!!). UGH! lol I love this kind of stuff. It's like a scavenger hunt! haha. From looking at the display, it looked like they had just set them out because it was fully stocked. I grabbed one of each of the Color Tattoos and looked at the rest of the collection. The blushes seemed to shimmery/glittery for my taste so I passed, the lipsticks looked like colors I already had, so really the only other things from the collection were the eyeliners and nail polish. Both of which I also passed on getting. They just didn't seem that great to me. I thought about getting the nail polishes but figured I'd just get what I really came for and wanted- the Color Tattoos. 
Anyways, so here are some pictures of the matte Color Tattoos from the collection. Apparently, they are all MAC Paint Pot dupes! So that's great news :)

260- Matte Brown, 255- Just Beige, and 250- Nude Pink


250 Nude Pink
Nude Pink is supposedly a dupe for MAC's Painterly Paint Pot. I don't have Painterly to compare it to but from what I can tell it looks pretty dang close if not exact. 

255 Just Beige
Just Beige is a drugstore dupe for Soft Ochre Paint Pot. (Comparison swatches below)

260 Matte Brown
Matte Brown looks to be a dupe for Quite Natural Paint Pot. 

Matte Brown, Nude Pink, Just Beige
Matte Brown is a medium/dark grayish brown. Nude Pink is a cool light pink with a tinge of a grayish taupe. Just Beige is a warm soft yellow.

Just Beige and Mac Soft Ochre
Here is a picture of Maybelline's Just Beige (left) next to MAC's Soft Ochre Paint Pot (right). You can see in the pot that Maybelline is just slightly darker and a little more orange. 

Right- Just Beige, Left- Soft Ochre
Here is Just Beige and Soft Ochre side-by-side. Even though Just Beige looks like it has a tiny bit more of an orange tint to it, I don't think it's enough to really make a difference when it's on the lids. 


Overall, these Color Tattoos are a steal especially if they are all really dupes for MAC Paint Pots. Color Tattoos are about $5 while Paint Pots are $20. Sorry I don't have Painterly or Quite Natural to compare them to, but just by looking at pics online, they seem to be a pretty close match. 



Will you pick up anything from Maybelline's Gilded in Gold Holiday Collection?



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I love these, I picked up two of them because I love matte eye shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I just HAVE to have the Just beige - it's perfect for a nude eye with a bold red lip! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish these would come to the UK! I literally would buy all of them because I pretty much always wear nude eyes with a heavy cut crease but so far, no luck, I just can't get them over here :( Such a shame because they're so pretty

    www.thebeautopiablog.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been watching for a long time. Your homepage is the best. 바둑이사이트 We look forward to your visit to our homepage. Thank you.


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...