I got a request on FB to do a tutorial on how to get ready fast. In this video, I wanted to show you how I typically get ready when I'm in a big rush (maybe I woke up late or decide to randomly go somewhere).
TIPS ON HOW TO GET READY FAST
FOR THE MAKEUP:
- First make sure to conceal and highlight. You want to look fresh and not like you just hopped out of the bed minutes ago. Brightening around your eyes and concealing any blemishes will give you a more even complexion.
- Next, to make the concealer last longer, set it with a translucent powder. I used my powder all over my face to combat any oiliness I may get throughout the day.
- Now that you look like a ghost, warm up your face by contouring with bronzer. This adds definition to an otherwise flat looking face.
- Next, add some color to your cheeks with a bright blush.
- After, frame your face by filling in your eyebrows. This step is one of the most important.
- Next, take an "all over" eyeshadow. For this I used a bronze cream eyeshadow and applied it from the lash line to the crease.
- Then, I applied a highlight color to the inner corner of my eye and underneath the brow.
- To add more definition to my eyes, I added a medium matte brown into the crease and to define my lashes I took a black eyeshadow and lined the outer lash line. This gives the appearance of fuller lashes and is much easier than fidgeting with liquid liner.
- Make sure to curl your lashes and apply mascara.
- Last, take a lip color you know will work with anything. Something that is so easy to apply that you really don't need to look in a mirror.
FOR THE HAIR:
- Do something easy and fast like a pony or a messy bun. These are easy when you don't have time to straighten or curl your hair because they look good with any hair type.
FOR THE OUTFIT:
- Choose something easy. I chose to wear a combination of neutral colors because you really can't go wrong with neutrals.
- If you want to add a pop of color to your outfit, I suggest wearing a bright colored shoe, or jewelry.
- Make sure that your comfortable. If you're running out the door, you don't want to worry about if you can last all day in the heels you put on or if your top is buttoned and straight.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in Neutralizer
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent
- Revlon PhotoReady Bronzer in Bronzed and Chic
- ELF Blush in Pink Passion
- ELF Golden Bronzer in Golden (to highlight)
- ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium
- Mary Kay Eyelash Curler
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
- Urban Decay Naked Palette- Virgin, Naked, and Creep
- L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
- Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Lip Gloss Balm in 235 Coral Twist
- Necklace- Local Downtown Boutique
- Top- I don't know. I think it's an old friends ;p
- Pants- Target
- Jacket- Old Navy
- Scarf- Walmart
- Leopard Flats- Cato
For Valentines Day this year, I decided to give Brandon something sweet but easy to make. I took a picture frame with a picture of us (duh!) and I filled a jar full of all the reasons why I love him. I threw in a few funny ones to keep things on the lighter side. I don't think guys like to be too overwhelmed with lovey dovey stuff. lol
This literally took ten minutes to make- including printing out the paper, cutting them into strips, folding them, and arranging everything on the counter. I think it's cute and lets them know you care in a sweet way.
How are you spending your Valentines?
Subscribe to my Youtube channel so you don't miss any new videos! :)
Love you guys and Happy Valentines!
Don't forget to follow me on FB!- http://www.facebook.com/BeautyGuide101