Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nautical Nails ♥



The polishes I used are: L.A. Colors Super Strength Nail Builder (as a base coat), L.A. Colors- Energy Source, China Glaze- Turned Up Turquoise (Neon), Absolute!- Pink, and Seche Vite Top Coat.

1. First, Apply your base coat.


2. Layer each nail with the white polish. This took me two coats to make it completely opaque.

3. Take a thin nail art brush and dip it into the turquoise color. For this, I used another brush from a nail art polish (L.A. Colors Art Deco Nail Polish).

4. Touch up. If you've made any mistakes on the lines, this is where you would want to go back to touch-up. I took an L.A. Colors Art Deco Nail Polish in White and repainted over any mess-ups I made with the turquoise color.

5. Take a dotting tool, or toothpick and paint a heart. I made two side-by-side dots and connected them by dragging the ends down to create a point.

6. Let completely dry.

7. Add a top coat. Make sure your polish is completely dry before adding a top coat. If you apply the top coat too soon it will run the colors together and ruin your work.

And that's it! Cute and fun for summer! This is my take on the nautical look. I love the usual navy blue stripes with red accents but I wanted to spruce this pedi up with summertime neons. I hope you like it!

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Love your nails, they're adorable! :)

    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! We're new followers of your blog :)

    We'd love for you to check out our blog and follow if you like it :)
    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a gorgeous look! I love the colours you've chosen and cant believe how neat it is - it'd take me hours to get it looking so precise :) makes me think i really need to pick up a few bottles of china glaze, ive heard nothing but good things but havent bought a single bottle yet!

    Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the color selection China Glaze has. I also like OPI. Give it a try. There's no way you won't find a color you don't totally fall in love with!
      -Amber

      Delete
  4. I just found your blog and this is an adorable post. I'm so impressed with your skills, I love how you explain exactly how to do this also. It turned out perfect, and the pink is perfect too

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the detailed comment! It really helps to know exactly what people like to see out of a blog post. :)
      -Amber

      Delete
  5. This such a cute pedicure! I'm definitely trying this out soon!

    fauxguru.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! If you try it out take pics and send them to me! I would love to see! :D

      Delete
  6. That is too cute! I am not sure I would have the patience to try that out! hehe
    http://www.classynotclashy.blogspot.com
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I love your pedi! It's so neat and cute. I like the tiny heart detail very much :)
    I followed your blog and I hope you could drop by mine, follow back if you like it ❤❤❤

    Ira
    Pretty Breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Its super duper cute!!
    www.the-bellepoque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...